Thursday, November 26, 2015

Life is a Circle


Life is a circle - it has a beginning, a middle, and an end. What we do with all the moments of our lives in between is never wasted. Each moment has meaning however hard it is to see at the time. We can and should always hope for the best and do our best in all situations as well as let go of our mistakes. But we also need to be aware that not everyone shares our goals, values and dreams. You must always be true to yourself as you cannot be what others want you to be. You can only be yourself.



  

I am taking pleasure in the ordinary things, the simple things. A chance viewing of the sunset or the moonrise when I leave work. Reading the poetry of Rumi or Hafez, or that wonderful Somerset magazine Bella Grace. Cooking or baking foods for my family: a crock pot full of chili or stew, or Thanksgiving pies and stuffing - I took a vacation day from work yesterday and was cooking all day for the Thanksgiving feast later today. Practicing gratitude. Re-examining my life and re-framing past experiences in a positive light. Accepting the past. Becoming rooted in the present. Being open to the future.


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful art piece. And good blog post. I especially like these words: "You must always be true to yourself as you cannot be what others want you to be. You can only be yourself."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Anne,

    I am glad these words resonate with you as they do with me.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete