Friday, December 11, 2015

Happy Holidays




In December I get caught up in all the extra things I want to do for the holidays and I sometimes lose track of what is really important or become overwhelmed. I buy special gifts for people, connect with many people near and far, create a holiday e-card to send out,  mail out some cards, bake, put up a tree, get together with friends and family, go to parties, and the list goes on and on.




In the quiet moments I reflect on things in my life and I wonder why things happen the way they do. I wonder about where I've been, where I am now, and where I am going. I have a lot of things going on in my life besides the holiday celebrations and some of it is rather difficult, like watching my mom slowly slip away from us.



How do I stay centered and balanced amidst the changing tides? I try to find that still, small voice inside that is mine alone and not an echo of other people's thoughts. And what I find is that I am not sure of myself sometimes but mainly I feel that I am on the right path and I am finding what I need. There are a few people in my life who are really making a difference and I am grateful that they are there. They hold the mirror up to me and shine their light so that I can see my reflection and know who I am.



2 comments: