Sunday, April 17, 2016

Crazy Quilting Journal Pages

Crazy quilting - it's not what you think, LOL. Crazy quilting means embroidering and embellishing quilt blocks to your heart's content. This art form was popular in the late 1800's through the early 1900's and this type of embroidered quilting was revived and brought to a new level by Judith Montano. I have most of her books and her work is inspirational.

Last weekend after I finished going through boxes in the craft room, I decided to make two journal page quilts (9"x12") with some Japanese fabric I had been saving. Then I got out my basket of embroidery threads and took everything over to my friend's house for a visit. We had tea and spice cake. Yummy! I decided that I needed more colors and types of embroidery thread so after I was finished painting the front porch yesterday and cleaned up, I took a ride over to Thistle Needleworks. I used to do a lot of embroidery, mostly counted thread embroidery and crewel work, and I always loved going to this incredible shop. Judy has everything in there and she is wonderful! Here are my treasures :-)










No comments:

Post a Comment