Saturday, October 29, 2016

For the Love of Books and Words

I went to the Portland Library book sale last weekend with Aurora and her mom. We walked there from my old house. I love books and I love how you can paint a story with words.




Much to my surprise, there were the quilting books I had donated to the library last winter when I downsized for the move. I picked up one, then another, and before I knew it I had an armload of quilting books too heavy to carry. When I dropped them into my tote bag I scraped my arm badly. Sometimes I am awkwardly clumsy :-)




Books bring you on a journey to other worlds and expand your horizons. I have e-books in my iPad too, but there is something magic about holding a book in your hands, like poetry by Rumi or paintings in Creative Revolution by Flora Bowley. 

I have started working on my first e-book, Inspired Every Day, and it is exciting for me to watch it slowly unfold. It is not unlike birthing a child.



No comments:

Post a Comment