Sunday, November 13, 2016

Quilt Retreat

I went to the Heart of the Valley Quilters 3 day quilt retreat last weekend and had a great time! There were 50 quilters at YMCA Camp Hazen in Chester, Connecticut... talking, sewing, laughing, and eating. I haven't been motivated to sew/quilt since the move so this was a good jump start for me. 



I created a Facebook page for the group yesterday and they were thrilled to have a place where they can post photos of their quilts to share. Social media is a good thing and it brings people together around common interests. I have a lot of friends online that I've never met and that greatly expands your universe.



Going to a retreat like this lets you leave things behind and think about what you are doing and where you are going. It brings you into a greater awareness of self. Well, it does that for me. But it wasn't until yoga class saturday morning that I fully realized what is going on with me. My balance was off and my body was shaking in some of the advanced poses. The meditation at the end crystallized things for me.



I need to seek balance. I am working too hard at work... way too hard. I need to stop pushing myself so hard and take breaks. I am running around too much on nights and weekends. I am wanting to do too much. I am scattered and going in a million different directions. I am doing things with friends and family, working on an e-book, starting to plan a new Wordpress website, making jewelry, sewing/quilting, reading a lot, the list goes on. I have applied to teach my mixed media altered card decks locally and in a major online venue... scary but exciting! I hope I get in because I love to teach.



Life is short and need to enjoy it. Family and friends are so important! Namaste <3


2 comments:

  1. The quilt retreat sounds wonderful! I don't actually quilt, but I've been on a similar kind of retreat and I loved it!

    Good luck in all you have going on. I hope you are able to get the teaching job that you want! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mandy 'n' Justin,
      Thanks so much for sharing. Retreats are so wonderful no matter what the theme. There may be a mandala retreat in the Berkshires (MA) next year and I would love to go.

      I have tried to slow down a little and spend more time at home nesting. Thanks for the well wishes about teaching and I have a good feeling about it :-)

      Delete